Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Blame Game: It’s Time to Stop

Everyone in this world is guilty of playing what I like to call the blame game. When this game is played, you believe that nothing that happens is your fault. You always seem to find a way to blame others for your “failures” and never take responsibly for your own actions. Examples of the blame game include

“It’s not my fault”
“He/she made me do it”
“I couldn’t say no”
“I was forced to do it”

However, this game is one that must stop immediately to invite success back into your life. You must realize that YOU have control over everything that happens in your life. YOU are the one who can control whether or not you succeed in life. When you are able to accept that you are in complete control over your life you will be able to dictate every aspect. Instead of saying that “I couldn’t say no”, instead ask yourself “what did I do to force myself into that situation”. Every event that occurs in life is brought about by you. By taking a step back from the situation to figure out what you did to cause an event will allow you to end the blame game that has been plaguing our society and will allow you to realize the true power that you have over your life.

Instead of using the statements above in your life, start taking control of your own life by saying

“I caused this event to occur”
“I was the one to make the mistake”
“What can I do to fix my mistake?”

By making this one small change, you will jumpstart your life down the trail of success. Blaming others for your mistakes causes you to never change your old habits that have caused your problems in the past. When you realize what habits are causing you to stay in the abusive relationship, to give into the pressure of peers so easily, to turn to alcohol you will be able to rectify these habits and make them lead down the path of success.

No comments:

Post a Comment